Thursday 18 November 2010

Bowman wins vital match

David Bowman carved out a hugely important 6-3, 6-2 win against Paul Stewart at Wigmore. Bowman, playing on the artificial clay, was slow to start and broken immediatley. Bowman soon got going however, playing with more topspin and becoming less aggressive. Cutting out the errors, Bowman was able to fightback to take the set.

Bowman looked far more relaxed in the second set. With drop shots starting to frustrate Stewart, Bowman knew he had the match under control and cruised through the set 6-2.

"A big win," said Bowman afterwards. "He's my main rival at the moment and I knew I would have to play well to beat him. I felt more comfortable than I have done before on the clay, which is important as I may be playing James on it shortly."

No comments:

Post a Comment